Monday, April 15, 2013

Liebster Award




I received a Liebster award!  Ellen of It's Sewing life nominated my blog.  Thank you Ellen!

   
OK, to be honest I had no idea what the word Liebster even meant.  A quick Google search revealed that it's a German word meaning darling; beloved, liked very much; affectionate, loving favorite, preferred above others; liked or loved above others.
 
The award comes with some homework:

1. Answer the 10 questions that were asked by the person who nominated you.
2. Nominate 10 new bloggers that inspire YOU.  Usually, these will be bloggers with 200 followers or less.
3. Ask those bloggers 10 questions of your choice 

Ellen asked me the following questions:
How much time a week/day do you spend on your blog?
I haven't been real consistent with my  blog, my I've resolved to spend a couple hours a week getting my thought out there.
Do you feel like you need to explain yourself if you don't blog for awhile?
Yes, I feel it lets my readers know that I'm a real person and that I'm out here.
How much time a day to you spend READING other people's blogs?
That varies, but I usually spend at least couple of hours reading other blogs, even when I'm not posting, I'm out there in blog world.  I recently got the BlogLovin iphone app, so I can read posts from almost anywhere. 
These awards posts can be time-consuming. Do you cringe a little when you get these kinds of awards? ;)
Not really, as long as the questions are well thought out.  They help encourage posting, and some of the questions can be thought provoking.
Besides reading blogs and writing on your own blog, do you spend a lot of time on the computer?
My day job is in IT, so I'm not going to even try to put a number on it.
Is sewing your primary creative outlet?
Absolutely!
What are some of your other creative endeavors?
I enjoy beadwork, various crafts and LEGO. 
Do you join sew a longs?
I haven't joined any sew a longs...yet.  I love following them though.  My only challenge is that my job involves travel, which means I'm away from my sewing machine during the week.
Do you participate in other types of online challenges (sewing or otherwise)? What are they?
Not yet...but it's something I've been considering.  It might be a good motivation for me to sew more
Do you usually complete these challenges or sew along s? Why or why not?  Does not apply...yet.

My nominees, go check them out...

GinPins
Virginia's Sew Blessed Daughter
Rainy Day Art
Cheap and Picky
The Quirky Peach
The Diligent Dilettante
FrouFrou by lovenicky
The Perfect Pear Pair
110 Creations
Caravan of Beads

Questions for my nominees...
  1. What are your favorite types of projects to undertake?
  2. If a project doesn't turn out as well as you expected, do you still blog about it?  Why or why not?
  3. What project are you most proud of, post a link to the project if you blogged about it?
  4. Why do you blog?
  5. How do you stay inspired to create?
  6. Do you usually have one project on the go, or are you a multi-project person?
  7. Confession time...what is your oldest UFO --- Unfinished Object, and how long has it been since you've worked on it?
  8. What is your favorite colour?
  9. How many times a week do you blog?  Do you think this is too much or too little?
  10. Who inspires you?

Happy sewing and happy blogging
Christiana


2 comments:

  1. Thank so much for your nomination Christiana! I made a reply post here with my nominees, thanks again! ^_^

    http://www.caravanofbeadsjewelryblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christiana! I hope to get to this over the weekend. Don't think that I am non responsive. I actually lived in Germany for a while and knew the meaning of the word liebster which is derived from the verb lieben. Good for you...doing your research. Well thanks again ill be posting my acceptance real soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete