Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Welcome to my musings about all things sewing

Sewing has been a part of my life since I was very young. My mom was a seamstress, trained in Europe and she taught me the Art of Sewing. On my 10th birthday, I asked for a toy sewing machine, and my parents surprised me with a real one. That basic Singer Fashion Mate zig zag sewing machine kept me going for several years, and it has seen many projects...Barbie clothes, 70's and 80's fashions, Halloween costumes, and my high school grad dress. My main sewing interests are clothing, and clothing accessories. I'm a handbag addict and also collect teddy bears, so my sewing projects also reflect those interests. And I don't know if I'll ever be able to part with my HUGE sewing pattern stash.

I moved to Calgary in July 2009, and while searching the internet for fabric stores in Calgary I stumbled across a blog written by another Calgary sewing enthusiast, Aminat, who inspired me to start blogging...

Sew, the rest is history and my blog begins

3 comments:

  1. Welcome on board Sistah............You could not know how excited I was when I saw your blog....welcome welcome and welcome... I bet you will enjoy every bit of blogging, great friends and enthusiastic bloggers who are so passionate about what they do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging:)
    I am sure you will love it. Look forward to seeing your garments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Welcome to blogging! I really enjoy visiting sewing blogs because I can learn, also if the blogger loves vintage clothes, then I become a fan of the blog! So, I guess I'll be visiting your blog often!

    ReplyDelete