Sunday, April 18, 2010

Completion of the Sixty Year Old Unfinshed Project

We moved to Calgary last July, and although I setup my sewing room months ago the walls are bare. So this weekend I decided it was time to decorate those bare walls. One of the things that I've been carrying around with me for over 15 years is my mom's dressmaking diploma. A diploma that she earned in Holland in 1949. For years, my mom said she was going to frame it and display it in her sewing area. When she passed away in 1993, the diploma was given to me. And for over 16 years I've been saying I'm going to frame it and hang it in my sewing area. It took over sixty years, but that diploma is finally getting framed. It will be ready in a couple of weeks and I'm so excited to be able to display it in my sewing room.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... Please share the picture once it get done, I love seeing things with history to them..Have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful addition to your sewing space.

    ReplyDelete