Thursday, June 6, 2013

Aloha!

Aloha!

I'm back from my trip to Hawaii were we enjoyed fun and sun on the island of Oahu.  It was my first experience snorkeling, and I absolutely loved it!  We bought our own gear; matched to our prescription lenses.  We hope to be back to Hawaii soon, perhaps Maui on our next trip.

We stayed in Kailua, but I did manage to make a trip into Honolulu to pick up some souvenirs.  Now for someone who sews, the perfect souvenir is fabric.  Here's some photo's of my Hawaiian fabrics.  A big thank you to Kyle and Shannon for their fabric store recommendations.   Kyle, the timing of your post was perfect, just days before we left on our trip.  I found just what I was looking for...
This first one is a rayon.  I'm hoping to transform it into a Maxi dress; perhaps McCalls 6700, which comes highly recommended on pattern review.com.

These next two cotton prints are for summer skirts.  What I have in mind is a simple A line skirt with a yoke.  Hoping to draft my own pattern based on the Craftsy class - Design & Sew your own A Line Skirt.

And finally, these bright cotton prints are going to be lining fabrics for some funky tote bags.  I've yet find the exterior fabrics, but I'm thinking either a dark purple or a silver grey for the mauve one and either a black or dark denim to go with the pink. 
 
 
I'm back in Canada now and after several days of rain the sun has finally decided to show up.
 
 
Cheers!
Christiana
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Christiana,
    YAY for your trip to Hawaii--I just love it there--favorite place on earth (next to my own home!)
    Glad you were able to get into Honolulu for some Hawaiian-style fabric shopping. :)
    The timing of our trips was really neat.
    Can't wait to see your goodies all sewn up!
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christiana, Such beautiful fabrics-I'm envious. Love the brown one especially but the more colorful prints are terrific too. You will revisit your trip over and over each time you wear the skirt or dress.

    ReplyDelete