Tuesday, February 21, 2012

...back at it!

Yes! I did get a chance to sew this month.  After catching up on the pile of non-creative projects...ya know, hemming pants, returning rouge buttons to their shirts and bits of mending, I finally found some time to get things rolling on a sewing project.   Awhile back, I blogged about New Look 6892.    I resurrected the project.   Here's a photo of the work in progress.   The pattern is going together quite quickly and so far I'm pleased with the results.  Usually when I'm making gathered sleeves I sew the elastic directly to the fabric, this time I opted to follow the pattern instructions and create a casing using bias tape.  I was very pleased with the results, no bulk.


And a bit of non sewing fun to share...snowshoeing.   We're so lucky to live a short drive from the Rocky Mountains.   A couple of weeks ago we ventured a hour west to Kananaskis Country.  Winter in Kananaskis Country - Simply Spectacular. In 1955 the Pocaterra Dam and Hydro plant was constructed in Kananaskis country. The wooden penstock (large pipe) that carries water from the dam to the power plant leaks and sprays water. In the winter these amazing ice sculptures are formed. The utility company has determined that the penstock has reached the end of it's useful life and will be replacing it with one that doesn't leak this spring. So good bye ice sculptures...



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Lovely blog you have! And amazing ice sculptures. We didn't have a winter to speak of this year - very strange for us in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for stopping by my blog too! I love finding new sewing bloggers. Those ice sculptures are incredible! We've not had much of a winter either here in Ottawa. Very disappointing for outdoor skating and skiing.

    ReplyDelete